LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (2019-7298)
|Posted:||February 11, 2019||Company:||Cadillac Fairview|
|Address:||609 Granville St||Postal Code:||V7Y 1E8|
To assist the paralegals and lawyers in preparing legal documents, conducting research, preparing correspondence, and communicating with company personnel, tenants and outside counsel.
WHAT YOU’ LL DO
- Prepare first draft of legal documents, including leases and related agreements, without assistance or supervision by paralegals or lawyers
- Review TPF or DR for special provisions, analyze amendments required for documents and find appropriate step-downs
- Revise documents based on instructions from paralegals or lawyers and without supervision
- Prioritize large workload to ensure that documents are prepared to allow for review and issuance within the time periods set out in the department objectives
- Maintain a diary system
- Enter and maintain information in internal information management system
- Compose, type, distribute and file correspondence and documentation
- Open and maintain tenant files (computer and hard copy)
- Prepare fee reports and invoices as required
- Update and maintain precedent files
- Respond to questions from lease administration department about document status or content
- Process invoices for payment as required
- Perform administrative duties, including typing, distributing/delivering correspondence, photocopying, faxing, organizing and maintaining files and answering phones
- Coordinate legal conference registrations
- Book travel for paralegals and lawyers and prepare expense accounts as required
- Do Corporate Registry and Land Titles searches as required
- Generally assist paralegals and lawyers as required
WHO YOU ARE
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Able to interact at all organizational levels with tact and diplomacy
- Customer service focus
- Detail-oriented and focused on accuracy
- Mindful of confidentiality
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working in an administrative role preparing leases and related documentation or equivalent legal experience.
- Certificate/diploma in Office Administration or Law Clerk’s program an asset
- Good knowledge of legal documentation
- Computer literacy with knowledge of: Word and Excel
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills and strong proofreading skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand the significance of commercial lease concepts
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
BUILD YOUR F UTURE WITH CADILLAC F AIRVIEW
At Cadillac Fairview we have been transforming communities for over 50 years. We are so much more than our properties. We are building leaders at all levels. We offer the challenge of interesting work, a great organizational culture, the opportunity to collaborate with the best in the business, and support for your growth and development. We reward values-based behavior and superior results with a competitive rewards package that includes best-in-class benefits and pension. Imagine a place where you can make a difference!
WHY WORK AT CF ?
At Cadillac Fairview, we believe that people are core to our success. You’ll join a diverse community and award-winning team, where your talent and commitment to excellence are welcomed, valued and respected. Are you up for the challenge?
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and/or selection process is available.
How to apply:
Click on the link below or visit our Careers Page at https://www.cadillacfairview.com/en_CA/careers/current-opportunities.html