|Posted:||August 14, 2019||Company:||Pivot HR|
|Address:||816-1175 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC||Postal Code:||V8W 2E1|
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of aboriginal peoples and others who seek assistance in the areas of public, constitutional and environmental law.
We are currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work in our beautiful downtown Victoria office. The primary responsibility of this role is to work with the legal assistant team and provide support to our legal professionals to ensure the seamless operation of the Firm.
- Interpret rules of court for various provinces and levels of court (i.e. BC Supreme Court, BC Court of Appeal, Federal Court, Ontario Superior Court, Supreme Court of Canada).
- Draft, edit, format, organize and print correspondence, memos, reports, court documents, labels and other printed material.
- File and coordinate service of Court documents.
- Organize and maintain client documents, pleadings, corporate records and various other briefs and reports.
- Provide solicitor support, including drafting and filing of Incorporation Documents, Corporate Records, Resolutions, Registers and Annual Reports.
- Provide litigation support, including assisting with preparing specialized court documents.
- Provide guidance and act as a resource to other legal assistants who may not be as familiar with the rules for the various provinces and levels of court.
- Coordinate with court offices to schedule appointments, and arrange for trials and judicial review hearings.
- Assist with reviewing and assembling documentary evidence, and managing complex evidence records.
- Provide calendar management using Outlook and Time Matters.
- Organize, maintain and manage updates to an electronic and paper Bring Forward system.
- Organize, maintain and manage complex electronic and paper filing systems, including opening and closing of files.
- Scanning and photocopying all required documents.
- Schedule frequent travel arrangements.
- Prepare monthly client billings.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of lawyer expenses.
- Arrange and prepare for meetings including document preparation, catering, and other logistics.
- Other tasks as assigned to support administrative team.
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- 3-5 years experience as a legal assistant providing litigation support.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs and Outlook 2010.
- Knowledge of Time Matters, PCLaw, CanLii and Quicklaw would be an asset.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and resume by September 20, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants with Aboriginal ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank you in advance for your interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.