Legal Assistant/Paralegal Hybrid – Litigation
|Posted:||August 14, 2019||Company:||Ratcliff & Company LLP|
|Address:||#500 - 221 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC||Postal Code:||V7M 3J3|
Ratcliff & Company LLP is the North Shore’s oldest and largest law firm located in the lower Lonsdale area near the seabus terminal.
We currently have an immediate opening for a full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal Hybrid to join our Litigation team.
- Maintaining files; including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, etc.
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents
- Organizing documents in preparation for trial and court hearings
- Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work, within established time frames
- Organizing and assembling, books of authorities, appeal records, appeal books and filing of same
- Preparing list of documents
- Managing key dates including bring forward system and updating calendars for assigned lawyers, including their meetings, appointments, due dates and client-related activities
- Managing and filing documents online
- Compiling electronic documents for court filings and for document production
- Work in all levels of court, Provincial, Federal and National Energy Board
- Billing and time-entry
- General administrative tasks
- Minimum 4+ years of experience as a Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal certificate from a recognized program
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiar with Supreme Court Rules
- Good working knowledge of Eclipse iPro, Summation, Casemap, Worldox and Esi Law are strong assets
- Ability to accurately handle a high volume of work
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.