Litigation Associate (Calgary)
|Posted:||November 25, 2021||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400 - 200 Granville Street||Postal Code:||V6C 1S4|
Whitelaw Twining is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Calgary and Vancouver providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small firm environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
We are currently recruiting for a Litigation Associate to join our Calgary team. This position is for a Lawyer with at least 2 years of post-call civil litigation experience, preferably in the insurance defence area. The successful candidate will maintain a diversified insurance defence practice, running files independently, and working with experienced and respected senior counsel on larger matters.
- Practice management
- Client management
- Business development
- Meeting billable hour targets
- Community leadership and involvement
- People/team leadership and management
- Legally entitled to practice law in Canada
- Member in good standing with a provincial bar
- 2 or more years of civil litigation experience, preferably insurance defence
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Professional manner in communicating with others
- Strong organization and teamwork skills
- Able to multi-task
Benefits & Perks:
- annual firm closure for mental health day;
- opportunities to participate in a variety of health & wellness related activities and programs;
- monthly in-house professional development seminars toward CPD requirements;
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- flexible work arrangement options;
- casual day every Friday;
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co-workers; and
Diversity & Inclusivity:
Whitelaw Twining recognizes that respect for the dignity and worth of everyone who works at the Firm is the foundation of harmonious and productive working relationships. We commit to providing a professional atmosphere which promotes equal opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. All prospective, current, and former employees will be treated fairly and equally regardless of race, age, colour, gender, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental ability, or sexual orientation.
Background and Reference Checks
Offers of employment may be conditional upon reference checks, criminal record checks, and educational verification.
Whitelaw Twining values the health and safety of our team members, clients and community. Accordingly, Whitelaw Twining has implemented a policy that requires team members to provide proof of full vaccination status (i.e. two weeks have passed since receipt of a second dose of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine) upon their start date.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Danna Marks to this link: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=92