Paralegal – ICBC Defense
|Posted:||May 14, 2019||Company:||McQuarrie Hunter LLP|
|Address:||13450 102 Avenue||Postal Code:||V3T5X3|
McQuarrie Hunter LLP is a multi-practice law firm that is optimally sized to meet the needs of a diverse range of business, individual and institutional clients. We believe trust is the foundation of every good client-lawyer relationship and we value the trust and confidence that our clients place in our firm. We work hard to earn that trust by understanding the diverse needs of our clients and responding to those needs with careful preparation, attention to detail and the ability to deliver proactive and practical solutions.
We are conveniently located in the Central City Tower conveniently accessible by sky train in downtown Surrey, one of the fastest growing business communities.
We currently have a paralegal opportunity available working in our ICBC department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing various documents such as pleadings, lists of documents, case plans, applications, affidavits, mediation summaries, trial briefs, trial records, books of authority, books of documents and bills of costs
- Drafting and finalizing correspondence
- Analyzing files to ensure relevant records and documents are obtained and reviewing records and documents for relevancy and privilege
- Conducting legal research as requested
- Managing limitations per the Limitation Act and Supreme Court Civil Rules
- Assisting with pre-trial tasks such as notifying and/or subpoenaing witnesses, preparing witnesses and identifying trial exhibits, preparing trial books
- Instructing LAA’s on non-billable tasks
- Maintaining organized, efficient, and up to date binders
- Attending client meetings
- Other paralegal and/or administrative tasks as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Successfully completed the Paralegal program
- 5+ years of experience as a litigation paralegal, with an emphasis on general insurance defence litigation and / or personal injury work
- ICBC Billing Number or eligibility
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to: Renu Bains, Human Resources Assistant at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.