Litigation Support Clerk
|Posted:||September 11, 2019||Company:||Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP|
|Address:||2700 - 700 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B8|
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading Vancouver-based Canadian firm dedicated to providing a full range of business, litigation, and dispute resolution services to clients throughout Canada and abroad. We proudly manage a large firm practice, while maintaining the close relationships and culture of a smaller firm.
We are currently recruiting for a Litigation Support Clerk to join our team. This position reports directly to the Litigation Support Manager and will assist with the preparation and support of litigation matters using Relativity, CaseLogistix, Summation, Law PreDiscovery, Case Notebook, Casemap, LiveNote (or other litigation support software tools as required). The LSC will be expected to track and bill time to files appropriately.
- Drafting Lists of Documents using evidentiary software.
- Ensuring compliance with litigation support and eDiscovery best practices, including quality control measures, following of firm best practice protocols, and quality assurance checks for production deliverables.
- Assist the Litigation Support Manager and Litigation Support Specialist in managing the litigation support requirements of the firm.
- Archive litigation support databases and catalogue and organize media associated with same.
- Maintain accurate records, and in particular, documents pertaining to best practices (e.g. file open, archive forms, and precedent materials, etc.).
- Update list of databases where there is an ethical wall and advise IT.
- Copy electronic evidence provided by clients and forensic experts (CDs, DVDs, floppy disks, flash drives, hard drives, etc.), and institute and maintain chain of custody documents/procedures.
- Assist with cost recovery and needs assessments to determine how programs are being used.
- Prepare documents for imaging, and scan and code documents.
- Convert and rename electronic files to formats that can be loaded into software tools.
- Import and/or export data to and/or from evidentiary databases including the creation of load files.
- Assist with very basic trouble-shooting associated with litigation support software technical problems.
- Provide general support as needed on litigation support projects.
- Additional duties depending on the level of experience, knowledge level, and willingness to learn.
- Paralegal certificate preferred, but not necessary with a focus on civil litigation.
- Experience working with litigation support software programs.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- High-level computer courses and knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model process and working with electronic documents would be helpful.
- Demonstrate patience under pressure and the ability to handle routine work independently.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Diversity + Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion at our firm. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees, and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, nationality, physical ability, race, religious belief, and sexual orientation.
A competitive salary and benefits package are offered, along with a matching RRSP Program after 2 years of employment with the firm.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.