Manager, Real Estate & Customer Services – SFU
|Posted:||February 11, 2019||Company:||Simon Fraser University|
Simon Fraser University is Canada’s best comprehensive university with three campuses in Metro Vancouver. Through the strength and commitment of our staff and faculty, SFU is recognized as a top employer in both BC and Canada. We invite applicants for the following:
The Manager, Real Estate & Customer Services leads, on behalf of the University, in the acquisition, sale, and leasing of the University’s real properties and oversees the operational management of the central customer service unit of Facilities Services. The Manager determines real property needs, leads the negotiation and management of real estate related contracts and agreements on behalf of the University, and oversees efficient and effective business processes and standard procedures for front line customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce and four years of related experience in real estate negotiation, commercial property management, budgeting, financial analysis, strategic business planning and human resource management, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of real estate and commercial property management in the local market.
- Excellent knowledge of the development of project management documentation (e.g., project charters, communication plans, risk mitigation, change management plans, and project closure reports).
- Good knowledge of change management and process documentation.
- Excellent financial management skills with the ability to research and prepare financial reports, forecasts, and business cases.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and client service skills with the ability to build relationships and maintain rapport with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, planning and human resource management skills.
- Excellent leadership, team management, mentorship and motivational skills.
- Excellent research, analytical, and reporting skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard office applications and lease management software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AMT Direct).
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations.
Assignment End Date: March 26, 2021
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
To apply, and for a more detailed job description please see: