Personal Injury Paralegal
|Posted:||August 14, 2019||Company:||Hamilton Duncan|
|Address:||13401 108th Ave||Postal Code:||V3T5T3|
WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 25 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst staff members.
Hamilton Duncan is continuing to grow in a wide variety of practices including the personal injury department, and we are currently seeking a Personal Injury Paralegal to join our firm to continue to develop with us during this positive growth!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle cold calls from prospective clients
- Attend initial interviews with new clients
- Prepare chronologies and summarize clinical records
- Initial drafting of standard pleadings, motions, affidavits, lists of documents
- Review all incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Direct junior LAA in the performance of non-billable work
- Meet with lawyers on a regular basis to discuss strategy and receive instructions
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain limitation dates, bring forward system and court diary
- Draft settlement documents, bill of costs, etc.
- Handle associated administrative tasks
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a paralegal in litigation
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Experience with Amicus Attorney or other practice management program preferred
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.