Plaintiff Personal Injury Paralegal
|Posted:||March 17, 2020||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400 - 200 Granville Street||Postal Code:||V6C 1S4|
Whitelaw Twining is a BC-based leading law firm with a focus on litigation, providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small company work environment while further establishing business practices as we continue to evolve. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
We are seeking a Plaintiff Personal Injury Paralegal to join our Vancouver team. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of plaintiff personal injury experience and will be a team player who is proactive, able to handle a busy workload and has a keen eye for details.
- Organizing large groups of documents
- Analyzing documents for relevance, for producible and privileged purposes
- Creating Lists of Documents and serving on appropriate parties
- Receiving, reviewing, analyzing, organizing opposing parties’ documents
- Receiving, organizing and summarizing clinical records
- Drafting pleadings where appropriate – including but not limited to Notices of Civil Claim and Chambers applications
- Reviewing Discovery transcripts and obtaining answers to outstanding requests
- IMEs: Advising lawyer on which specialist to use in personal injury cases. Setting up appointments and providing specialists with all relevant documentation
- Mediations: Preparing mediation brief and outline, if applicable
- Miscellaneous: Providing general assistance to the lawyer dependent on the lawyer’s needs, including but not limited to drafting correspondence on lawyer’s behalf, tracking the status of the lawyer’s files, conducting court searches, etc.
- Legal Research: Quantum research and other research as requested by lawyer
- Paralegal Certificate or Diploma
- As required, relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a competitive bonus program;
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- a remote work policy that allows you to have the flexibility to work from home 1 day per week;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=48