Senior Litigation Paralegal
|Posted:||April 15, 2019||Company:||Clark Wilson LLP|
|Address:||900 - 885 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC||Postal Code:||V6C 3H1|
|Location:||Vancouver||Contact:||Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources|
GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Senior Litigation Paralegal to join our growing litigation practice group. The ideal candidate will have experience in insurance defence, commercial litigation and construction. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth, professional development and team work is supported.
- managing and overseeing files from start to finish with minimal supervision;
- initial file review and assessment;
- drafting pleadings, motion materials, mediation summaries, chronologies, quantum and liability assessments and opinion letters;
- managing the document discovery process;
- reviewing, summarizing and organizing documents;
- preparing lists of documents;
- preparing and organizing materials for expert reports;
- communicating with clients, experts, and opposing counsel;
- conducting legal research;
- obtaining and interpreting online due diligence searches;
- preparing for examinations for discovery, mediation and trial;
- drafting bills of costs and settlement documentation;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of a recognized Paralegal program;
- at least 7 years of recent experience working as a senior litigation paralegal, primarily in the areas of insurance defence, commercial litigation, and construction an asset;
- the ability to confidently manage a litigation file from start to finish;
- self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills;
- the ability to work in a team environment;
- solid understanding of BC civil litigation practices and procedures;
- very familiar with the BC Supreme Court Civil Rules;
- strong analytical and writing skills;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online;
- hands on experience with e-discovery document management software including, Summation, Ipro Eclipse and CaseMap;
- excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistant program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every friday; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
- See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.