Senior System Administrator
|Posted:||November 25, 2021||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400 - 200 Granville Street||Postal Code:||V6C 1S4|
|Location:||Vancouver||Contact:||David Mathews / Sonja Simic|
Whitelaw Twining is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver and Calgary providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small company work environment while further establishing business practices as we continue to evolve. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Senior System Administrators is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvements to WT’s on prem and cloud infrastructure. The Senior System Administrator will have a holistic understanding of WT’s backend systems, and will make recommendations on the use of technology to meet firm and departmental goals. The successful candidate is expected to proactively identify areas of opportunity that will positively impact the firm and department, in the form of new processes, tools and systems. We are searching for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for technology, and business acumen. The senior system administrator will be a technical mentor the other IT staff, and will work on the most complex projects and tasks within the department. This position will work out of our Vancouver office, and requires occasional after hours and weekend work. Occasional travel to other office locations is required.
The Senior System Administrators responsibilities include:
- Analyze, install, configure, upgrade and repair and maintain servers and enterprise applications on prem and in Cloud.
- Manages servers, operating systems, system applications, and backend network equipment. Complete upgrades, maintenance, configuration changes and ensures system security is maintained on backend systems.
- Recommends technical solutions to support business needs and ongoing digital transformation.
- Technical lead on IT infrastructure and application projects.
- Conduct research on network products, services, processes, and standards to support business and department needs.
- Use software tools (Group Policy, MDT, inTune) to manage and provide a consistent configuration to endpoints.
- Provide level 3 support, and provides senior system support for IT staff. Assists in performing root cause analysis.
- Contributes to backup, recovery, and DRP strategy and processes.
- Script, code, and setup automations within IT environment.
- Monitor system health using in house management tools. Responds to issues as they arise, and make recommendations for operational improvements.
- Creates documentation related to system improvements, requirements, use cases, test scripts, operating guides, as built guides, user guides etc
- Act as a senior resource for companies change management, incident management, and other IT processes.
- Other duties, as assigned by Director, Information Technology.
Education and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or Diploma in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5 + years of applicable industry experience
- Understanding of ITIL, or ITIL Foundation certificate.
- Strong understanding of MS Technologies in a hybrid environment, including Windows Server, Azure, Office 365, AD / AAD, SQL Administration, SharePoint, Exchange, Teams, MDT / WDS, Intune, Powershell
- Experience with VMWare, Veeam, Nimble SAN, Cisco VoIP phone systems, Endpoint Security Products, Patch Management, MDM, Enterprise Firewalls, Network switches, IP Addressing /Routing, Wireless, VOIP.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture including Cloud.
- Strong understanding of IT security principals / practices.
- Excellent communications skills. Ability to gather vital information from users and IT staff to resolve or assist on a wide range of IT issues.
- A passion for technology, and a strong advocate on its use to solve business challenges and day to day problems.
- Innovative attitude, wanting to try new ideas to make improvements to the existing way of doing things.
- Valid driver’s license, and vehicle
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
Diversity & Inclusivity:
Whitelaw Twining recognizes that respect for the dignity and worth of everyone who works at the Firm is the foundation of harmonious and productive working relationships. We commit to providing a professional atmosphere which promotes equal opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. All prospective, current, and former employees will be treated fairly and equally regardless of race, age, colour, gender, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental ability, or sexual orientation.
Background and Reference Checks:
Offers of employment may be conditional upon reference checks, criminal record checks, and educational verification.
Whitelaw Twining values the health and safety of our team members, clients and community. Accordingly, Whitelaw Twining has implemented a policy that requires team members to provide proof of full vaccination status (i.e. two weeks have passed since receipt of a second dose of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine) upon their start date.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. To submit your application, please do so by visiting this link: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=91