|Posted:||June 29, 2020||Company:||Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP|
|Address:||2700-700 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B8|
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading regional firm dedicated to providing a full range of business, litigation and dispute resolution services to clients throughout Canada and abroad. We proudly manage a large firm practice, while maintaining the close relationships and culture of a smaller firm.
We are currently seeking a Support Analyst with solid work experience and educational background to join our team. Reporting to the Director of IT, the position of Support Analyst performs the role of the first responder to the technology requests of our legal professionals and staff. Your primary role will be to efficiently resolve first tier support issues and quickly determine when escalation is required. Other duties consist of clearly defined procedures which range from granting permissions to various data repositories to overseeing the delivery of technology resources from scheduling and setup.
Our environment utilizes industry standard technologies to create a diverse set of customized solutions to support our people deliver legal services. The IT department is constantly working towards improving efficiency in the workplace and your role is critical to achieving this goal. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a learning environment and be part of a great team that encourages your direct participation in all aspects of the department.
- Provide overall exceptional client service in a highly demanding professional environment.
- Provide first tier support for the following type of tasks.
- Resolve issues experienced by users on their computers:
- Provide ad-hoc instructions for “how-to” inquiries
- Advise on potential security risks of unsolicited email and web sites
- Fulfill requests when access is granted to authorized data repositories
- Perform individual software installations as required
- Oversee the allocation of various shared firm resources through a centralized booking system
- Setup video conferencing equipment in boardrooms and offices
- Replace/supply computer equipment and accessories as required
- Configure and instruct on the use of mobile devices
- Provide after- hours on-call help desk support (weekly rotation).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft solutions: Windows 10, MS Office suite with emphasis on Word and Excel, directory services and NTFS permissions; familiarity with Exchange, SharePoint, VBA and Teams is an asset.
- Previous experience supporting iManage (document management), Adobe Acrobat, Power PDF, Olympus Professional Dictation and Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking is strongly desired.
- Ability to support Windows hardware, mobile devices (iOS, Android), MacOS, video conferencing platforms/hardware is beneficial.
- Appropriate post-secondary education and/or five years of experience in the area of Information Technology.
- Preferred previous law firm experience.
- Completion of technology program with direct work experience (e.g. BCIT) is beneficial but not mandatory.
- A calm and professional demeanor is a necessity.
- Flexibility concerning shifts is required.
AHBL offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a matching RRSP Program after 2 years of employment with the firm.
Diversity + Inclusion:
We value diversity and inclusion at our firm. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees, and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, nationality, physical ability, race, religious belief, and sexual orientation.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.