Support Analyst II
|Posted:||November 25, 2021||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400 - 200 Granville Street||Postal Code:||V6C 1S4|
|Location:||Vancouver||Contact:||David Mathews / Sonja Simic|
Whitelaw Twining is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver and Calgary providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small company work environment while further establishing business practices as we continue to evolve. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology the Support Analyst’s II’s role is to provide exceptional customer service and technical support to the firm, ensuring all support is completed in a timely, and efficient way. This position provides tier-2 support, responding to, resolving, and escalating IT support requests. The successful candidate should be highly motivated, and possess excellent organization, teamwork, and problem solving skills. They need to be excellent at communicating over the phone, in person, and electronically. In addition they should have a passion for technology, and solving problems with technical solutions. This position will work out of our Vancouver office, and requires occasional after hours and weekend work. Occasional travel to other office locations is required.
The Support Analyst’s responsibilities include:
- Diagnose, asses, and find resolutions for a variety of support incidents that deviate from planned or expected IT system behaviour.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize support problems and complaints to ensure that inquires are successfully resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform root cause analysis, and resolve technical problems so IT systems operate as expected.
- Completes level 2 support tasks, including complex user and other support queries, with minimal escalations to level 3 support.
- Make recommendations for the continuous improvement of support processes.
- Carry out research on a variety of items, from information flow and processes, to technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and support for software and hardware implementations to meet business requirements.
- Analyze and evaluates the impact of system changes.
- Monitor IT support requests for trends, and provide updates to the department on outstanding issues.
- Train staff on the appropriate use of IT systems, ensuring usage meets WT policies and standards.
- Create technical documentation, user guides, problem resolutions, FAQ’s and other documentation as required.
- Remain current with technology trends, and contribute to departmental planning with ideas for improvement.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products and upgrades.
- Assist other support staff by setting priorities for problem resolution, monitors progress, and applies appropriate escalation procedures to ensure support requests are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Provide direction to other support staff in how to carry out work tasks, resolve technical problems.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends software and applications that will improve the stability of systems.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends new hardware, software, and applications to support IT systems, or business needs.
- Completes some backend system administration, and configuration when required.
- Ensure IT policies and procedures are used at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma in the field of computer science or information technology.
- 3 years of applicable industry experience.
- Understanding of ITIL, or ITIL Foundation certificate.
- Understanding of MS technologies in a hybrid environment, including Windows Server, Azure, Office 365, AD / AAD, SQL Administration, SharePoint, Exchange, Teams, MDT / WDS, Intune, Powershell.
- Experience with VMWare, Veeam, Nimble SAN, Cisco VoIP phone systems, Endpoint Security Products, Patch Management, MDM, Enterprise Firewalls, Network switches, IP Addressing /Routing, Wireless, VOIP
- Law firm experience, with knowledge of document management systems.
- Time management skills, including the ability to organize individual time, work, and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
- Understanding of the appropriate methods, tools, and applications to complete work tasks.
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent communications skills. Ability to gather vital information from users and IT staff to resolve or assist on a wide range of IT issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative to identify and resolve problems, and improve support workflows.
- Up to date knowledge of technology, trends, and best practices used.
- Valid drivers license, and vehicle
- Understanding and experience using Azure.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
Diversity & Inclusivity:
Whitelaw Twining recognizes that respect for the dignity and worth of everyone who works at the Firm is the foundation of harmonious and productive working relationships. We commit to providing a professional atmosphere which promotes equal opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. All prospective, current, and former employees will be treated fairly and equally regardless of race, age, colour, gender, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental ability, or sexual orientation.
Background and Reference Checks:
Offers of employment may be conditional upon reference checks, criminal record checks, and educational verification.
Whitelaw Twining values the health and safety of our team members, clients and community. Accordingly, Whitelaw Twining has implemented a policy that requires team members to provide proof of full vaccination status (i.e. two weeks have passed since receipt of a second dose of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine) upon their start date.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. To submit your application, please do so by visiting this link: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=94