|Posted:||June 29, 2020||Company:||Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP|
|Address:||2700-700 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B8|
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading regional firm dedicated to providing a full range of business, litigation and dispute resolution services to clients throughout Canada and abroad. We proudly manage a large firm practice, while maintaining the close relationships and culture of a smaller firm.
We are currently seeking a Systems Analyst with solid work experience and educational background to join our team. Reporting to the Director of IT, the position of intermediate Systems Analyst has the primary responsibility of supporting a diverse set of enterprise-wide applications and hardware platforms as a contributing member of the IT department. The role requires the skills gained through your experience in mature, structured, environments where you can demonstrate your abilities to support the business requirements of the organization. The candidate should be proficient at applying IT fundamentals to support a broad range of challenges from first line technical support of our staff, administration of Microsoft services hosted in a multi-tiered server architecture and through SaaS, to the management of our VOIP unified messaging platform. This role is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience in a learning environment and work amongst a team with diverse skills and knowledge in many areas of information technology.
- Offer exceptional client service in a highly demanding professional environment.
- Intermediate role administrating critical client/server platforms and communication services.
- Responsible for regular procedures/processes such user administration (account creation/termination), hardware administration including computer imaging/Microsoft update management.
- Perform inventory management of hardware/software/subscriptions, administer the software deployment/management platform.
- Provide first tier helpdesk support as required.
- Participate in other projects to implement new business initiatives that require technology solutions.
- Working knowledge of desktop applications such as the Microsoft Office (both use and configuration/integrations), iManage (document management), PDF editing (Acrobat, Power PDF), Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition.
- Strong fundamentals in Microsoft Directory Services, Group Policy, Exchange, IIS, VBA Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure (AD synchronization, Microsoft 365, SaaS), SharePoint, MS SQL, Linux.
- Experience supporting mobile operating systems (iOS, Android), administering mobile device management (MDM), and knowledge of information security concepts (firewall/DMZ, threat protection, data classification, data loss protection, encryption).
- Knowledge of eDiscovery concepts (electronic evidence, data collection, forensics) are an asset.
- Appropriate post-secondary education and/or five years of experience in the area of Information Technology.
- Preferred previous law firm experience.
- Completion of technology program with direct work experience (e.g. BCIT) is beneficial but not mandatory.
- A calm and professional demeanor is a necessity.
- Flexibility concerning shifts is required.
AHBL offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a matching RRSP Program after 2 years of employment with the firm.
Diversity + Inclusion:
We value diversity and inclusion at our firm. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees, and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, nationality, physical ability, race, religious belief, and sexual orientation.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.