Technician, Records and Library
|Posted:||February 5, 2019||Company:||The Law Society of BC|
|Address:||845 Cambie Street||Postal Code:||V6B 4Z9|
Are you looking for an organization where the core values of excellence and integrity are more than just words on the wall? Join the Law Society of British Columbia. We are committed upholding and protecting the public interest in the administration of justice.
Our Records Management Department is seeking a full-time Records and Library Technician. Under the supervision of the Senior Records and Information Management (RIM) Analyst, the Records and Library Technician assists in the implementation and maintenance of a corporate records management system. The technician is responsible for administrative duties related to record keeping practices and maintains semi-active records database and prepares the retention and disposition schedules of records in consultation with the Manager of Operations and the RIM Analyst.
The duties of this position include:
- Provides basic guidance to staff regarding the file classification scheme, filing procedures, semi-active listing procedures and the use of Record Pro database and Resource Centre.
- Assists with archival functions such as the accessioning of files, the processing of records for archival retention and preservation, responds to reference inquiries of a historical nature and redirects to subject matter experts when required.
- Provides back up support for the Records Analyst in the execution of duties related to the record-keeping maintenance of the DM system.
- Prepares both electronic and paper files for retention and disposal.
- Audits both EDRMS and Record Pro systems to ensure that file systems are identical.
- Audits EDRMS system to ensure that documents related to LSIS case files are appropriately linked with case files numbers for both retention and accurate searching of records.
- Provides guidance to staff about the EDRMS and various related systems including Record Pro regarding the taxonomy and schedules.
- Responsible for filing library updates for satellite department collections.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the corporate records program; arranging for the destruction or archiving of files according to the retention plan. Assigning and reviewing document classifications and profiles for corporate records to ensure consistent application of the file plan. Correcting errors and edits profiles as required. Developing and establishing new classifications and file parts within defined limits.
- Assists in the file migration process as required upon the development of a migration strategy.
- Coordinates the purchase of file supplies and storage boxes for the Law Society. Communicates with staff to clarify business requirements of their order.
- Liaises and troubleshoots with commercial storage company on routine matters. Unusual or complex issues are referred to the Senior RIM Analyst or Manager of Operations.
- Troubleshoots EDRMS issues under the guidance of the RIM Analyst.
- Such other duties and tasks as directed by the Senior RIM Analyst or the Manager of Operations.
- Diploma in Records Management, Archives or Library Technician. Minimum of two years’ experience in the records management or library field, preferably in a government environment.
- Familiarity with block numeric file classification scheme an asset.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software applications related to Document management and libraries is a must.
- Self-starter and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Accuracy and ability to maintain attention to detail when required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong MS Office skills and the ability to maneuver between applications with ease.
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic and modern office procedures and methods.
- Typing speed of 45 WPM.
- Must be able to perform physical tasks, such as standing for long periods of times and lifting boxes up to 40 lbs.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Records and Library Technician.” The closing date for this competition is February 15, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is located at the Law Society of British Columbia office in the Yaletown area of Vancouver, BC.
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia