Human Resources Manager
|Posted:||January 12, 2018||Company:||Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick|
|Address:||300 - 10991 Shellbridge Way||Postal Code:||V6X 3C6|
|Location:||Richmond||Contact:||c/o Sonia Kenward Consulting Ltd.|
At Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick LLP we know our firms’ strength is in its people. Our team is a dedicated group of individuals whose focus is to provide our clients with the highest quality legal services.
We are currently recruiting for an energetic, dynamic and motivated Human Resources Manager to join and lead our team.
Reporting to the Managing Partner and working alongside our Office Administrator, the ideal candidate will have substantive generalist HR experience in a law firm environment and is ready and keen to move into a management position and be responsible for all human resources services and programs for support staff including talent management and recruitment, employee relations, onboarding, training, performance management, compensation management and benefits administration.
- Full-cycle recruitment for all support staff positions, as well as facilitating recruitment efforts for associate positions as necessary in conjunction with Partners;
- Supervision and coaching for all support staff positions;
- Working with management to identify and address staffing needs, as well as to evaluate and develop policies, procedures and review processes as required;
- Ensuring consistency in Firm’s recruitment efforts and hiring practices;
- Onboarding and orientation for all new employees;
- Overseeing staff scheduling, including vacation and sick days, to ensure appropriate staffing levels in place;
- Administering payroll and group benefits;
- Administering annual performance review process;
- Salary surveys and compensation research, including making recommendations on Firm’s compensation structure;
- Benefits plan administration and market research;
- Conflict management and mediation, as required;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining support staff training protocols and personnel procedures;
- Maintaining electronic HR records;
- Maintaining HRIS, liaise with software support as needed, provide training to internal users;
- Obtaining HR advice from employment lawyers or other external HR resources when appropriate;
- Acting as resource for management on HR issues and challenges;
- Ensuring established policies follow required legislation, labour laws and human rights requirements, and provide updates to management as required;
- Minimize risk to the firm in all aspects related to HR practices;
- Provide back-up support to other administrative functions as needed.
- 5-7 years of HR related experience in professional services environment;
- Previous law firm experience and understanding of legal industry an asset;
- Completion of HR coursework / program at accredited post-secondary institution;
- CPHR certification preferred;
- Knowledge of BC labour laws and legislation;
- Strong work ethic, highly professional, and focused on personal accountability;
- Effective communicator, verbal and written;
- Proven recruitment success;
- Excellent eye for detail;
- Ability to closely adhere to established policies and procedures;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities with ease;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- Results-oriented and a team player.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters, including salary expectations, by email, to Sonia Kenward at email@example.com, by January 31, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.