Lawyer – Real Estate Development
|Posted:||July 19, 2018||Company:||Hamilton Duncan|
|Address:||1450 - 13401 108th Avenue||Postal Code:||V3T5T3|
|Location:||Surrey||Contact:||Nikki Farwaha Minhas|
WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity.
We currently have a full-time vacancy for a Solicitor in real estate development to support our growing practice. We are seeking someone experienced who wants to become a part of the community we serve and who is looking for a challenging, long-term career.
- Law degree combined with minimum of 7 years of experience as a Solicitor in the areas of real estate development and corporate commercial real estate related work
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia
- Experience with managing large real estate development projects
- Comfortable with drafting and providing legal advice on various real estate and commercial contracts;
- Experience with negotiation and preparation of purchase and development agreements
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients in the local community
- Strong business acumen with negotiation, interpersonal, and drafting skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities and judgement
- Proactive and organized work style
- Ability to influence others when explaining/presenting complex ideas
- Willingness to work collaboratively as a part of a dedicated team
- Ability to establish clear direction to others, and comfortable with task delegation
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you think you’re the right person to join our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Nikki Farwaha Minhas at email@example.com
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.