Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant
|Posted:||November 6, 2018||Company:||McQuarrie Hunter LLP|
|Address:||Suite 1500, 13450 102nd Avenue, Surrey||Postal Code:||V3T 5X3|
McQuarrie Hunter LLP is a multi-practice law firm that is optimally sized to meet the needs of a diverse range of business, individual and institutional clients. We believe trust is the foundation of every good client-lawyer relationship and we value the trust and confidence that our clients place in our firm. We work hard to earn that trust by understanding the diverse needs of our clients and responding to those needs with careful preparation, attention to detail and the ability to deliver proactive and practical solutions.
We are located in the Central City Tower, conveniently accessible by skytrain in downtown Surrey, one of the fastest growing business communities.
We currently have an intermediate Legal Administrative Assistant opportunity available working in our busy litigation department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- File preparation and management (file opening and closing, daily filing etc.)
- Client Contact
- Drafting correspondence and document preparation
- Arranging couriers, process servers, mail, etc.
- Scheduling and prepping of appointments
- Receiving, reviewing, and paying invoices
- Managing the Lawyer’s schedule and BF system
- Summation document production when necessary
- Other administrative tasks as needed
The successful candidate will have:
- An LAA certification from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ of working experience within a busy litigation practice and a track record in producing high quality work in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience with billing
- Working knowledge of BC Online, Dye & Durham, LTSA, Time Matters, Summation, and PC Law
- The ability to work independently in a team based environment
- A self starter approach who shows initiative and can anticipate the next step
- Strong client service skills
- The ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A go-getter attitude who wants to be a team player
Compensation: commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to: Kathleen Brett, Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.