Payroll and Benefits Administrator
|Posted:||January 13, 2021||Company:||Harper Grey LLP|
|Address:||3200 - 650 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V6B 4P7|
If you’re looking for a challenge and a chance to grow your career alongside the best and brightest in the industry, you’ll find it at Harper Grey. We are currently looking for a full-time Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our team. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position provides an opportunity to work with a smart, dynamic and collaborative team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ related experience, be energetic, flexible, highly motivated and driven to succeed. Due to the nature of this position, a high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required while providing payroll and benefits support services to firm members in an efficient and timely manner.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Responsible for preparing and processing semi-monthly payroll for approximately 200 salaried employees
- Responsible for the administration and processing of the firm’s group benefit programs
- Reconcile and complete all government remittances, payroll accruals, journal entries, general ledger, and reconciliations
- Reconcile and prepare year-end tax forms, T4’s, T4A’s,
- Reconcile and remit monthly benefit premiums
- Liaise with accounting and provide payroll and benefit reconciliations, journal entries, and reports
- Assist in the administration of policy and procedures that pertain to payroll and benefits
- Respond to all questions regarding payroll and benefit matters in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation, compliance requirements, and current best practices
- Assist with special projects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Certification of CPA Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- Additional designation and/or certification an asset
- Minimum of 3 years full-cycle, multi-companies, Canadian payroll experience. Experience with Avanti strongly preferred
- Knowledge of payroll legislation, Employment Standards, taxation rules and year-end reporting processes
- High level of comfort using technology and electronic systems
- Advanced level MS Excel skills and proficient in MS Office applications
WHAT YOU BRING
- Commitment to providing first-rate level of knowledge and prompt quality service to internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a contributing member in a team environment
- Ability to deal effectively with all members of the firm and build rapport and relationships with external agencies and service providers
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail to produce high quality and accurate work
- Solid problem-solving skills coupled with a willingness to learn and to adapt to changing demands
- Ability to prioritize tasks by deadline, work calmly under pressure and manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Professional, positive and can-do attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
Our people are the heart of our firm – we say it often and with good reason. It is only through our people’s skills, ambition, dedication and hard work that we can deliver the excellent level of client service our reputation is built upon. While our expectations are high – so are our rewards. Our generous competitive compensation package is just one component of our total rewards package.
Compensation + Benefits
- Competitive salary with structured annual reviews
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Employee and family assistance program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid or banked overtime
- Vacation time, sick time and personal time allotment
- Firm social events
- Casual day every Friday
- Continuing education/tuition allowance
- Group RRSP plan with matched contributions
Work / Life Integration
- Robust health and wellness program
- Fitness program annual subsidy
- Sports teams
- Recognition of service milestones
WHO WE ARE + HOW WE WORKWe are a dynamic and diverse group of highly skilled people working together to deliver excellent service to our clients. When you join our firm, you join a culture of excellence, collaboration, camaraderie and respect. We’re a great place to grow your career.Our core values focus on developing a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace that encourages and supports differences and promotes innovative perspectives. We are committed to maintaining and expanding the diversity of our firm’s lawyers and staff and creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can flourish.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic firm that values innovation, initiative and resourcefulness. Are you a motivated and creative team player? Do you think the fast-paced hands-on role we have described would be a perfect fit for your skillset?
If so, we cannot wait to meet you and invite you to submit your resume by email to Maggie Edwards.
Maggie Edwards, CPHR
Director of Human Resources
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations can be made confidentially throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process by contacting Maggie Edwards.
We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
* If this job isn’t for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link. Thanks!!