Clark Wilson LLP is Hiring an Accounting – Trust Clerk
Grow With Us And Be Your Best
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking an Accounting – Trust Clerk to join our Accounting group. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience and grow within a collaborative team that is there to support you every step of the way.
What You’ll Be Doing
Every day will bring new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow, but below are some of the regular tasks you can expect to work on:
- processing trust transactions in a high volume and fast paced environment;
- responding to and following up with trust queries – internal and external;
- completing daily trust account reconciliations to ensure all funds are accounted for;
- complying with the firm’s strict guidelines and its established trust practices;
- working under the BC Law Society Rules and ensuring compliance;
- internal and external trust reporting; and
- assisting others on the accounting team with various ad hoc tasks and projects.
How You’ll Be a Great Fit For This Role
- at least 2 years of experience working in an industry with a high volume of financial transactions where attention to detail is critical and compliance with internal policies, internal procedures, external rules and guidelines is of utmost importance;
- experience working in a law firm, bank, or financial institution an asset;
- the ability to process detailed payments and reconcile funds;
- a solid understanding of trust accounting processes an asset, including Law Society of BC Trust Rules and ensuring compliance;
- strong technical skills, and ability to grasp accounting software;
- flexible and positive attitude;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- exceptional attention to detail and sense of urgency under tight deadlines;
- self-starter and team player who is willing to assist others;
- the ability to work in a small team environment within the accounting team;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to communicate effectively with other firm members;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
The Exciting Extras
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure you are set up to thrive in a healthy work-life balance at Clark Wilson:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- A health and wellness spending account to pay for items that will help you with your unique needs: an exercise bike, swimming lessons, or your pets’ vet bills. It’s up to you!
- Personal days to help you balance outside commitments such as moving into a new home, taking your car for its’ annual service, or visiting the dentist;
- An annual day off with pay and long service bonuses to help you celebrate your work anniversary;
- Health coverage for you and your family, including: overseas emergency medical care, prescriptions, vision care, dental care, para-medical services, life insurance and hospital accommodation;
- An annual budget to invest in your professional growth and mentorship to help you achieve your goals;
- Help planning for a comfortable retirement - we’ll match your RRSP contributions up to 5% of your gross income;
- Continuation of your salary at 100% for a portion of your pregnancy/parental leave so you can spend quality, worry-free time with your family;
- A generous monetary incentive for employee referral;
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives; and
- Friday night socials, tasty treat days (the last one was Earnest Ice Cream), off-site social events, and team-building events throughout the year.
Who We Are
Clark Wilson is a rapidly growing regional law firm focused on providing the best possible service for our clients. We’re consistently recognized by the media and business community for our professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories –
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Best Workplaces in Canada
- Best Workplaces in BC
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best Workplaces for Hybrid Work
- Best Workplaces in Professional Services
- Best Workplaces in Professional Development
- Best Workplaces for Giving Back
Our team consists of over 275 professionals serving some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Together, we’ve created a special culture that we’d love to share with you.
How to Apply
Click the blue “apply” button to submit your application.
Clark Wilson is an equal-opportunity employer and advocate. This is not a statement we take lightly; it is part of who we are. We don’t just celebrate diversity, we rely on it to cultivate our culture, provide new perspectives, and grow our collective wisdom.
If you’d like to discover a little more about Clark Wilson and what it’s like to work with us, click here to visit our careers page.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.