MEP Business Counsel (meplaw.ca) is an award-winning corporate and entertainment law firm based in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. We have been consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of the Top 10 Corporate Boutique Firms in Canada and our lawyers have worked at leading international law firms. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences – all with a common goal of doing exceptional work with incredible people.
We are currently looking for a Corporate / M&A Lawyer to join our Business Law Group. This role is suitable for a business-minded lawyer who is looking to try something different from the “big firm” experience and accelerate their career at a vibrant, boutique corporate and entertainment law firm. Our associates work closely with experienced lawyers who provide mentoring and opportunities to assume very high levels of responsibility and direct client-contact.
- At least 4 years’ experience in one, or more, of the areas of corporate/commercial, M&A, private equity, corporate finance and/or corporate lending
- Solid “hands-on” experience with sophisticated corporate transactions (M&A, capital raising, lending)
- A collaborative approach to the work environment, a true team player
- We look for candidates who reflect our values, including a client-centered approach and business-first thinking
Compensation and Benefits
We are dedicated to rewarding your contributions and encouraging your professional development. In addition to a genuine collegial atmosphere offered at MEP, we offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive together with opportunities for personal and professional growth to ensure you are ready to thrive in a healthy work-life balance at MEP.
- Market salaries in line with other small to medium size law firms in the downtown core
- A quarterly bonus program for associates
- Hybrid working environment
- Extended health/dental benefits (effective on start)
- Health and wellness subsidy which can be applied towards fitness memberships or related matters
- Monetary incentives for employee referrals
- Opportunities to give back to our community through various firm initiatives
- Several social and team-building events throughout the year (hope you have a sweet tooth!)
With core values focused on collaboration, entrepreneurship, and professionalism, MEP empowers its people to accelerate to new levels of success. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark at a Firm with an inclusive culture and entrepreneurial spirit.
Like what you hear or know someone who might be a good fit? Reach out to Marshall Pawar at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation.