The successful candidate will maintain and enhance the firm’s database of contacts and relationship information as a source of accurate and current information for business development, on both a regional and national level. This position will work in close collaboration with the marketing team, as well as colleagues across the country, lawyers and legal assistants to help target and optimize marketing actions.
Who We Are
Fasken is a leading international business law and litigation firm. Our firm’s 800 lawyers are located across offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. Providing strategic and thoughtful advice in all areas of business law, our broad range of clients includes close to half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as corporate clients, government agencies, regulatory authorities, non-profit bodies and individuals. Our clients interests are paramount in all that we do and we take pride in supporting our communities. We are a place where bright, talented, and collegial people want to work together and we work hard together to achieve our goals in a collaborative and efficient way.
A Day In The Life
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create end to end TIKIT solutions, list pulls, and manage invitations and RSVP list for firm marketing events and seminars
- Manage, maintain, and assure quality in the CRM database, including the firm’s annual database clean-up and client (holiday E-Cards)
- Assist in the education and training of the CRM software (InterAction) and its benefits to administrative staff, lawyers and assistants
- Liaise with lawyers, assistants, practice groups and other marketing professionals in relation to database and website support
- Assist with client surveys and competitive research as requested
- Assist with firm functions and events as required (offsite travel and overtime hours may be required from time to time)
- Research using a variety of information sources, to collect data on specific industries and target markets in order to increase our knowledge and optimize our communications and marketing initiatives
- Run administrative reports on data accuracy, user uptake and client segmentation and mapping, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Assist in establishing and modifying CRM standard procedures data by producing written documentation for all users
- Support firm’s efforts in privacy compliance (CASL) and in adherence to firm protocols around protection of information as it relates to database activities/initiatives
- Work with the firmwide digital team, IT department and vendors to resolve any technical issues that arise in relation to the operation of the database
- Ensure the accurate production and broadcast of electronic bulletins (articles), invitations and mass mailings both electronically & hard copy
- Respond to requests from staff and lawyers (e.g. mailings for events, specialized reports, etc.)
- Work on special projects as required including the firm’s Alumni site
- Expert in CRM programs/applications (ideally InterAction), Word, Outlook, Excel (CSV files, exporting, data manipulation)
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (ie. Technical Program) or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing contact/client databases, preferably in a communication/marketing department
- Business Administration or Marketing course/program is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in a professional services firm (legal, accounting, consulting) and corporate organizational structure
Why Work With Us
Fasken is dedicated to rewarding your contributions and encouraging your professional development. We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- A health and wellness subsidy
- An annual education & tuition reimbursement
- Flexible medical and dental benefits (effective from day 1)
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Personal days
- Employee & family assistance program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Group retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives
- An engaging firm culture that celebrates our hardworking and dedicated people
Diversity and Inclusion
At Fasken we believe a diverse workplace comprises individuals with unique backgrounds, characteristics and qualities. An inclusive workplace creates an equitable environment where individuals are respected and where they are welcome. Fasken is committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verifications.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. You can submit your application through our Careers page.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.