We’re looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Human Resources professional to join our team as an HR Consultant! If you are looking for the right fit with a supportive and welcoming team, we want to hear from you!
Our focus is our clients, and we take pride in delivering exceptional client service. For 50 years, Spraggs Law has served the people of the Tri-Cities, delivering results that meet their needs.
At Spraggs Law, we work as a cohesive team. We know that we are better together than as individuals. We collaborate to capitalize on each team member’s strengths. This allows us to serve our clients in the best possible way to provide them with the services they need.
At Spraggs Law, we’re committed to doing the best and being our best selves by walking out our Core Values:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Accountability & Discipline
- Relational Awareness
- Team Players & Collaborative
- Continuous Improvement & Renewal
- Grit & Perseverance
- Intentional & Deliberate
The HR Consultant is responsible for providing external HR services to clients to optimize staff performance, ensure best practices are followed and confirm compliance as per the specific industry and region. They will collaborate with their clients to determine the most suitable actions based on the needs of the business. In some cases, the HR Consultant will work closely with our Employment Lawyers to ensure our clients are receiving the best service based on their needs.
The HR Consultant will spend their time on the following for clients of the firm:
- Providing advice & recommendations to management for the resolution of daily issues.
- Analyzing a company’s current HR programs & recommending solutions, including implementation of relevant HRIS or HRM technologies.
- Developing, revising, & implementing HR policies & procedures.
- Ensuring HR programs & services follow established policies & procedures & applicable legislation.
- Formulate strategic & practical plans to address HR matters.
- Assisting with the development & implementation of recommended changes in workflow.
- Developing methods for compiling & analyzing data for reporting.
- Conducting audits of organizational activities to ensure compliance.
- Providing full-cycle recruitment & onboarding activities.
- Providing training & facilitating management learning & development on various HR activities & practices.
- Presenting training sessions related to specific HR needs.
- Working in collaboration with lawyers on employment law-related issues.
- Conducting business development initiatives for lead generation and marketing; including but not limited to speaking engagements (conferences) and drafting articles for newsletters.
You can work independently but prefer to be a part of a team, you think in terms of process and goals, and you bring order to chaos. If that sounds like you, and you can meet the list of qualifications and competencies below, we want to hear from you:
- Relevant degree/certificate AND a minimum of 5 years of related professional experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, combined with well-developed critical thinking.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and present ideas clearly.
- Experience preparing budgets, allocation of resources and payroll.
- Experience using technology suites such as Microsoft & Human Resource Information Systems.
- A strong employee-focused, team-player mindset.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive work-relationships.
- A CPHR designation would be considered an asset.
As you'd expect, you need effective interpersonal and communication skills to be successful in our team-based collaborative model. We work hard and we like to get stuff done, but we have fun while we work so a positive attitude is a strong requirement. While experience working in a law firm and/or HR consulting firm is not a requirement, it would be considered an asset.
Some of What We Offer
- A knowledgeable and welcoming team
- A family-oriented firm focused on work-life synergy
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick leave and vacation
- Extended medical and dental benefits including an Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Education assistance
- Team building and fun activities throughout the year
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Samantha Barichello, CPHR, Human Resource Manager here.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.