We are currently seeking a junior Corporate Services Paralegal to join our Corporate Services Department. Reporting to the Corporate Services Department Supervisor, the Corporate Paralegal will work directly with other Corporate Services team members and lawyers on various corporate transactions including:
- Preparing documents for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations/organizations, name changes, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions, setting up transparency registers and other related documents
- Preparing and filing documents for extra-provincial and business name registrations
- Conducting due diligence searches
- Preparing documents such as share issuances, transfers, redemptions and repurchases, appointing and removing directors and officers and other basic resolutions
- Conducting minute book reviews and prepare documents to correct any minute book deficiencies
- Respond to daily inquiries from lawyers and clients and handle day-to-day corporate matters
- Update and maintain corporate records and ensure documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into the database.
- Preparing routine annual maintenance documents
- Performing other related duties as required
The candidate would have the following background, skills and experience:
- a Paralegal certificate of diploma from a recognized institution and 2 – 3 years of experience as a paralegal in a Corporate Services Department
- experience working with ALF is a strong asset
- a solid knowledge of MS Office
- experience working with Worldox and Esilaw is an asset
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- strong administration and organization skills
- ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- a high level of professionalism while working closing with lawyers, staff and clients
At Ratcliff, we embrace substance over style and relationships over titles. Our varied backgrounds, interests, and experience add a unique strength and vision to our work. For over 70 years, our lawyers, administrators, and support staff have collaborated and drawn on each other’s skills to bring out the best in our work and deliver high quality results for our clients.
- Located in the lower Lonsdale area just minutes from the Seabus
- Competitive salary and benefits (commensurate with experience)
- Supportive, cooperative, and diverse environment
- Business casual setting
- On-site gym and other amenities
We welcome the opportunity to meet with any qualified candidates seeking to join our team. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.