Canada’s National Specialty Insurance Firm
Dolden Wallace Folick LLP “Dolden” is a high performance law firm that practices insurance related litigation throughout Canada, with a focus on claims emanating from specialty lines of insurance. Our goal is to be the law firm of choice for insurers and their Canadian based litigation claims. Dolden has repeatedly been recognized as one of the top Insurance Defence firms in Canada, with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Toronto and Guelph.
We are committed to encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work and for each partner, employee and client to feel included and respected.
We strive to attract, retain and promote employees who are the best at what they do and who reflect the diversity of the communities where we live and work, particularly for those who have been historically excluded from, and under-represented in, the practice of law.
We offer a dynamic, challenging and collaborative work environment that provides you with the opportunity to make decisions and influence results. If you are interested in making your mark and contributing to the overall success of our team, this is a perfect time to apply.
Our firm continues to grow, so we are currently searching for two (2) Legal Administrative Assistants to join our Vancouver office.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Exceptional attention to detail and is adept at setting priorities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The capability to be an energetic self-starter who initiates and anticipates needs
- A passion for providing superior client service
- The ability to creatively solve problems, make decisions, facilitate and manage deadlines
- The skill to remain calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A great attitude with the willingness to learn
- The aptitude to work both independently and within a team
- The ability to work full-time Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- The availability to work in the office two (2) days per week
- A graduate from a recognized Legal Administration Assistant, Paralegal and/or Law Clerk program
- In-depth knowledge of legal principles and practices
- Minimum of two (2) years experience, preferably in insurance defence
- Exceptional technical skills with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability using electronic file management systems, preferably iManage
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Firm paid extended health, dental, AD&D benefits
- Life & Disability insurance
- Paid sick and personal days
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness Benefit
The firm also offers:
- Professional Development & Continuing Education
- Firm mentoring programs
- A work life balance
- The opportunity to grow your career
- Firm Social events
- Employment service awards
- A flexible schedule
- A hybrid work environment
To join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Heather Walker CPHR
Director of HR & Operations
We thank all applicants for their interest in our firm, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.