Clark Wilson LLP is Hiring a Legal Administrative Assistant
How You’ll Help Us Better Serve Our Clients
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our growing Family Law practice group. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience and grow within a collaborative team that is there to support you every step of the way.
What You’ll Be Doing
Every day will bring new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow, but below are some of the regular tasks you can expect to work on:
- setting court dates, mediations, discoveries, hearings, and communicating with registries;
- arranging court filings and applications;
- tracking court dates and limitation dates;
- preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents, including court pleadings;
- assisting with the preparation of court applications, trial briefs and JCC memos;
- assembly of application records, case authorities, trial exhibits and corresponding indexes,
- maintaining efficient file management and bring forward system;
- maintaining a full calendar, email management and managing lawyers’ practice;
- monthly billing;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, opposing counsel and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
How You’ll Be a Great Fit For This Role
This is an ideal position for a person with exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to manage collections with initiative and drive. The following qualifications are also required:
- graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience;
- a minimum of 2 years of experience as Legal Assistant, working in the area of Family Law;
- experience arranging court filings and applications;
- the ability to interpret instructions and draft required documentation, including court pleadings;
- familiarity with the family law registry, both provincial and supreme;
- experience with the alternate dispute resolution process an asset;
- understanding of BC civil litigation practices and procedures, with an emphasis on family law;
- familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and BC Supreme Court Family Rules;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Divorce Mate, Adobe, and BC Online;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- the ability to work within a team environment;
- a client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
The Exciting Extras
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure you are set up to thrive in a healthy work-life balance at Clark Wilson:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- A health and wellness spending account to pay for items that will help you with your unique needs: an exercise bike, swimming lessons, or your pets’ vet bills. It’s up to you!
- Personal days to help you balance outside commitments such as moving into a new home, taking your car for its’ annual service, or visiting the dentist;
- An annual day off with pay and long service bonuses to help you celebrate your work anniversary;
- Health coverage for you and your family, including: overseas emergency medical care, prescriptions, vision care, dental care, para-medical services, life insurance and hospital accommodation;
- An annual budget to invest in your professional growth and mentorship to help you achieve your goals;
- Help planning for a comfortable retirement - we’ll match your RRSP contributions up to 5% of your gross income;
- Continuation of your salary at 100% for a portion of your pregnancy/parental leave so you can spend quality, worry-free time with your family;
- A generous monetary incentive for employee referral;
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives; and
- Friday night socials, tasty treat days (the last one was Earnest Ice Cream), off-site social events, and team-building events throughout the year.
Who We Are
Clark Wilson is a rapidly growing regional law firm focused on providing the best possible service for our clients. We’re consistently recognized by the media and business community for our professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories –
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Best Workplaces in Canada
- Best Workplaces in BC
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best workplaces for Hybrid Work
- Best Workplaces in Professional Services
- Best Workplaces in Professional Development
Our team consists of over 275 professionals serving some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Together, we’ve created a special culture that we’d love to share with you.
How to Apply
Click the blue “apply” button to submit your application.
Clark Wilson is an equal-opportunity employer and advocate. This is not a statement we take lightly; it is part of who we are. We don’t just celebrate diversity, we rely on it to cultivate our culture, provide new perspectives, and grow our collective wisdom.
If you’d like to discover a little more about Clark Wilson and what it’s like to work with us, click here to visit our careers page.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.