Clark Wilson LLP is Hiring a Legal Administrative Assistant
Grow With Us And Be Your Best
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a litigation Legal Administrative Assistant to join our growing Strata Property practice group. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
What You’ll Be Doing
- setting court dates and communicating with registries;
- arranging court filings and applications;
- preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents including court pleadings;
- maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- maintaining the full calendar, email management, and managing lawyers’ practice;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers, and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
How You’ll Be a Great Fit For This Role
- graduate of an accredited legal assistant program or relevant experience;
- a minimum of 2 years of experience as a litigation legal administrative assistant, working in the area of strata an asset;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, BC Online, and MYLTSA;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
The Exciting Extras
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure you are set up to thrive in a healthy work-life balance at Clark Wilson:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- A health and wellness spending account to pay for items that will help you with your unique needs: an exercise bike, swimming lessons, or your pets’ vet bills. It’s up to you!
- Personal days to help you balance outside commitments such as moving into a new home, taking your car for its annual service, or visiting the dentist;
- An annual day off with pay and long service bonuses to help you celebrate your work anniversary;
- Health coverage for you and your family, including overseas emergency medical care, prescriptions, vision care, dental care, para-medical services, life insurance, and hospital accommodation;
- An annual budget to invest in your professional growth and mentorship to help you achieve your goals;
- Help planning for a comfortable retirement - we’ll match your RRSP contributions up to 5% of your gross income;
- Continuation of your salary at 100% for a portion of your pregnancy/parental leave so you can spend quality, worry-free time with your family;
- A generous monetary incentive for employee referral;
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives; and
- Friday night socials, tasty treat days (the last one was Earnest Ice Cream), off-site social events, and team-building events throughout the year.
Who We Are
Clark Wilson is a rapidly growing regional law firm focused on providing the best possible service for our clients. We’re consistently recognized by the media and business community for our professional excellence.
Our team consists of over 275 professionals serving some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Together, we’ve created a special culture, recognized by Great Place to Work as one of the best in Canada, that we’d love to share with you.
How to Apply
Click the blue “apply” button to submit your application.
Clark Wilson is an equal-opportunity employer and advocate. This is not a statement we take lightly; it is part of who we are. We don’t just celebrate diversity, we rely on it to cultivate our culture, provide new perspectives, and grow our collective wisdom.
If you’d like to discover a little more about Clark Wilson and what it’s like to work with us, click here to visit our careers page.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.