Bored of the same old job?
Are you looking to do meaningful work and build lasting relationships? Join Ratcliff LLP’s Aboriginal Law Practice Group to provide legal services that empower Indigenous communities and businesses to enhance the role of their unique systems in today’s world.
Full time Legal Administrative Assistant – Aboriginal Law
Support our broad, First Nations client portfolio with an emphasis on treaty implementation, governance, business development and corporate commercial matters. Grow your experience in a collaborative team environment while developing strategic and creative legal solutions for our clients and their communities.
- Maintaining files; including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, etc.
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents
- Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work, within stated time frames
- Managing key dates including bring forward system and updating calendars for assigned lawyers, including their meetings, appointments, due dates and client-related activities
- Scheduling and booking travel for lawyers and all related documentation and communication with relevant parties
- Managing and filing documents in files and online
- Billing and time-entry
- General administrative tasks
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant
- Legal Assistant certificate from a recognized program
- Excellent computer skills
- Good working knowledge of Worldox and Esi Law are strong assets
- Ability to accurately handle a high volume of work
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
At Ratcliff, we embrace substance over style and relationships over titles. Our varied backgrounds, interests, and experience add a unique strength and vision to our work. For over 70 years, our lawyers, administrators, and support staff have collaborated and drawn on each other’s skills to bring out the best in our work and deliver high quality results for our clients.
- Located in the lower Lonsdale area just minutes from the Seabus
- Competitive salary and benefits (commensurate with experience)
- Supportive, cooperative, and diverse environment (our partnership is 50% female)
- Business casual setting
- On-site gym and other amenities
We welcome the opportunity to meet with any qualified candidates seeking to join our team. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.