Whitelaw Twining is a highly successful multi-disciplinary firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for over 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with the goal of providing superior client service while promoting a professional, supportive and engaging environment to our team members. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
As part of its pursuit to continuously meet client needs in a global market, and with an eye to growth typical of its spirit since its founding in 1979, the firm recently announced a ground-breaking deal with a global provider of integrated legal and business services, DWF Group. DWF Group (“DWF”)’s recent acquisition of Whitelaw Twining has been met enthusiastically by the firm given DWF’s exceptional record of providing world-class legal and business services to a robust client base through its three offerings; Legal Advisory, Mindcrest and Connected Services. DWF has approximately 4,000 employees with offices and associations located across the globe.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
We are currently seeking a Office Services Clerk to join our Vancouver team. This is a position for an ambitious professional with at least 1-2 years of administrative and customer service experience. The successful candidate will be able to build positive working relationships, have a keen eye for detail, a professional demeanor, and excellent client service skills.
- Closing files and preparing for off-site storage and retrieval of closed files upon request
- Sorting and delivering incoming mail, faxes and courier items and processing of outgoing mail including registered mail
- Processing large copy jobs, scan jobs, and print jobs
- Knowledge and operation of photocopiers, printers, fax machines and binding equipment, identifying problems and arranging service calls
- Maintaining the tidiness of the reception area, kitchen / coffee stations, boardrooms, and ordering/stocking of supplies
- Hostess type duties such as replenishing snacks, unloading/loading dishwashers
- Inventory and maintenance of office supplies
- Handling bank deposits
- Providing reception relief including booking boardrooms, answering the switchboard and greeting visitors
- Provide positive first impression to visitors of the firm; greet clients and visitors, offer tea/coffee/water
- Assist with set up and clean up for meetings and in-house professional development seminars
- Flexibility to work overtime occasionally
- Assisting with other projects as assigned
The ideal candidate must have:
- up to 1 year of administrative and customer service experience would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications, including creating of USB's, CD's and various file uploads
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Professional and polished attitude communicating with others
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while handling a high volume of work
- Ability to lift and/or move file boxes, photocopy paper, supplies etc. (up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to work independently and function effectively as part of a team
- Legal office experience would be an asset
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Flexible health and dental coverage, plus LTD/DI benefits;
- Opportunities for professional growth including an annual education/tuition allowance;
- Subsidized fitness program plus opportunities to participate in a variety of health & wellbeing related activities and programs;
- Employee assistance program;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Casual dress code (dress for your day);
- Annual firm closure for mental wellbeing day;
- Personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- Early departure on Fridays before long weekends;
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- Ongoing staff appreciation events;
- An engaging firm culture that provides social opportunities to connect with your co-workers.
Diversity & Inclusivity:
Whitelaw Twining recognizes that respect for the dignity and worth of everyone who works at the Firm is the foundation of harmonious and productive working relationships. We commit to providing a professional atmosphere which promotes equal opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. All prospective, current, and former employees will be treated fairly and equally regardless of race, age, colour, gender, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental ability, or sexual orientation.
Background and Reference Checks:
Offers of employment may be conditional upon reference checks, criminal record checks, and educational verification.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/careers/139