Clark Wilson LLP is Hiring a Paralegal – Will, Estates and Trust
How You’ll Help Us Better Serve Our Clients
You’ll play a vital role in the growth and success of our Wills, Estates, and Trust-focused practice group. This role will allow you to gain experience in multiple fields of Wills, Estates and Trust and grow within a collaborative team that is there to support you every step of the way.
What You’ll Be Doing
Every day will bring new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow, but below are some of the regular tasks you can expect to work on:
- Drafting wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements, probate applications and other estate planning and administration documents;
- Drafting alter ego and joint spousal trust documentation;
- Communicating with clients to attend to the preparation and execution of documents;
- Assisting in the ongoing development and maintenance of the precedent system in respect of estate planning matters;
- Liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- General administrative duties as required.
How You’ll Be a Great Fit For This Role
- Graduate of a recognized paralegal program;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an Estate Planning Paralegal;
- Experience drafting wills and other estate planning documents;
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online;
- Experience with document automation systems is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- A client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- The ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and confidentiality and to adapt to changing demands.
The Exciting Extras
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure you are set up to thrive in a healthy work-life balance at Clark Wilson:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- A health and wellness spending account to pay for items that will help you with your unique needs: an exercise bike, swimming lessons, or your pets’ vet bills. It’s up to you!
- Personal days to help you balance outside commitments such as moving into a new home, taking your car for its’ annual service, or visiting the dentist;
- An annual day off with pay and long service bonuses to help you celebrate your work anniversary;
- Health coverage for you and your family, including overseas emergency medical care, prescriptions, vision care, dental care, para-medical services, life insurance and hospital accommodation;
- An annual budget to invest in your professional growth and mentorship to help you achieve your goals;
- Help planning for a comfortable retirement - we’ll match your RRSP contributions up to 5% of your gross income;
- Continuation of your salary at 100% for a portion of your pregnancy/parental leave so you can spend quality, worry-free time with your family;
- A generous monetary incentive for employee referral;
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives; and
- Friday night socials, tasty treat days (the last one was Earnest Ice Cream), off-site social events, and team-building events throughout the year.
Who We Are
Clark Wilson is a rapidly growing regional law firm focused on providing the best possible service for our clients. We’re consistently recognized by the media and business community for our professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories –
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Best Workplaces in Canada
- Best Workplaces in BC
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best workplaces for Hybrid Work
- Best Workplaces in Professional Services
- Best Workplaces in Professional Development
Our team consists of over 275 professionals serving some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Together, we’ve created a special culture that we’d love to share with you.
How to Apply
Click the blue “apply” button to submit your application.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and advocate. This is not a statement we take lightly; it is part of who we are. We don’t just celebrate diversity, we rely on it to cultivate our culture, provide new perspectives, and grow our collective wisdom.
If you’d like to discover a little more about Clark Wilson and what it’s like to work with us, click here to visit our careers page.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.