Fasken is looking for an energetic, motivated and organized Paralegal to join our busy and fast-paced Corporate Real Estate Team.
Who We Are
Fasken is a leading international business law and litigation firm. Our firm’s 700 lawyers are located across offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. Providing strategic and thoughtful advice in all areas of business law, our broad range of clients include close to half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as corporate clients, government agencies, regulatory authorities, non-profit bodies and individuals. Our clients interests are paramount in all that we do and we take pride in supporting our communities. We are a place where bright, talented, and collegial people want to work together and we work hard together to achieve our goals in a collaborative and efficient way.
A Day In The Life
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial real estate acquisitions and sales, including preparation and management of closing agenda and closing documentation and preparation of closing document books
- Land assembly and subdivision work, including preparation of Section 219 covenants, easements, rights of way and undertaking letters and complex registrations at the Land Title Office
- Real estate financing work for both lender and borrower clients, including preparation of mortgages and related security documents
- Preparation of disclosure statements, amendments, information packages and bulk closing of development units
- Real estate related due diligence searches and reporting
- Strong understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements and capability with e-filing
- Good working knowledge of real estate terminology, contracts and forms
- Good working skills with all applicable online data bases – BC Online, LTSA, municipal tax searches, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Supremely organized with a high attention to detail
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Good computer knowledge with common Real Estate related programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
Why Work With Us
Fasken is dedicated to rewarding your contributions and encouraging your professional development. We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- A health and wellness subsidy
- An annual education & tuition reimbursement
- Flexible medical and dental benefits (effective from day 1)
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Personal days
- Employee & family assistance program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Group retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives
- An engaging firm culture that celebrates our hardworking and dedicated people
Diversity and Inclusion
At Fasken we believe a diverse workplace comprises individuals with unique backgrounds, characteristics and qualities. An inclusive workplace creates an equitable environment where individuals are respected and where they are welcome. Fasken is committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verifications.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. You can submit your application through our Careers page.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.