We have an opening for a receptionist (plus) role at MEP Business Counsel (meplaw.ca). This is an integral role on our team as the first point of contact for our business. We are currently looking for an energetic and multi-talented individual to manage our front desk and perform a variety of administrative tasks.
MEP Business Counsel (meplaw.ca) is an award-winning corporate and entertainment law firm based in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. We have been consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of the Top 10 Corporate Boutique Firms in Canada and our lawyers have worked at leading international law firms. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences – all with a common goal of doing exceptional work with incredible people.
- General Receptionist (front of house) for a professional law firm office and general administrative support such as: coordinating incoming and outgoing correspondence (mail, phone calls and couriers), maintaining boardrooms and meeting calendars, deal with general office and facilities management, ordering supplies, bank deposits
- Provide administrative support to the Office Manager and Financial Manager as needed
- Perform simple editing and formatting of documents for various correspondence, agreements, reports, forms and spreadsheets (proficiency with Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Assist with preparing monthly invoices, trust paperwork and reminder statements in tandem with the Financial Manager
- Assist team of Legal Administrative Assistants and Paralegals on large scale transactions
- Assist with social media and website administration
- Office event coordination in tandem with the Office Manager
Ideal Candidate Requisites
- Relevant experience in a similar role in professional business office environment and takes pride in client service
- Able to work well individually and in a team environment – positive “can do” attitude
- Pleasant demeanor; strong work ethic with the ability to use tact and good judgement
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task; very detailed oriented
- Experience with legal applications such as PC Law, Worldox and Workshare Compare a definite plus
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a genuine collegial environments offered at MEP Business Counsel, we provide market salary commensurate with experience, and genuine opportunity to expand your skills and grow as a professional. Extended health/dental, fitness reimbursement, as well as a bonus program based on contributions to the firm, and more.
Like what you hear? Reach out and apply for this role by sending your resume and cover letter to Kathleen Brett at email@example.com.