Help Desk Analyst
|Posted:||March 17, 2020||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400-200 Granville Street||Postal Code:|
|Location:||Contact:||David Mathews / Sonja Simic|
Whitelaw Twining is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver and Calgary providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small company work environment while further establishing business practices as we continue to evolve. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Help Desk Analyst’s role is to provide exceptional customer service and technical support to the firm. This position provides tier-1 support, responding to, resolving, and escalating all IT support requests. The successful candidate should be highly motivated, and possess excellent organization, teamwork, communication and problem solving skills. In addition they should have a passion for technology and solving problems with technical solutions. This position will work out of our Vancouver office, and requires occasional after hours and weekend work. Occasional travel to other office locations is required.
- Monitoring, replying to, and resolving requests to IT Support. Providing technical support for firm hardware and software. Ensures all support requests are logged and tracked within IT Support software. Escalates requests to other IT staff when required.
- Research and remedy end user support issues. Perform root cause analysis on issues that are significant, or re-occurring with regular frequency.
- Conducting follow-up interviews with users to ensure that the issue is resolved to the user’s satisfaction.
- Sets up user accounts, and end user hardware / software. Adds / removes / updates user account information as necessary.
- Providing assistance for a variety of user requests, for example preparation and assignment of loaner laptops, video-conference and webinar set-up, mobile devices, etc.
- Supporting document management system, and office automation software.
- Train staff on the proper use of IT systems. Orientate new staff on IT systems.
- Report on support trends, and issues to IT management.
- Testing new applications and/or changes to existing applications.
- Act as the ‘backup’ for Litigation Support staff, and provide software assistance when required.
- Contributes to IT through sharing of ideas, best practices, and industry knowledge.
- Understands IT and firm policies, and ensures they are working within them.
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in computer systems
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems (desktop and server)
- In depth (A+ certification) knowledge of desktop, laptop, printer hardware and peripherals
- Experience with imaging platforms, such as WDS / MDT
- CCNA level networking knowledge/skills, including enterprise wireless systems.
- Knowledge of email systems and SMTP protocol – Preference given to Exchange 2013+ / Online
- Experience with VMWare’s ESX platform
- Experience supporting Active sync mobility solutions
- Experience with SharePoint administration, and content creation.
- Experience with VOIP systems, preferably Cisco Unified Communications
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of IT security principles.
- Valid drivers license, and vehicle
- Understanding and experience using Azure / AWS.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45