Legal Administrative Assistant
|Posted:||April 1, 2020||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400 - 200 Granville Street||Postal Code:||V6C1S4|
Whitelaw Twining is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver and Calgary providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small company work environment while further establishing business practices as we continue to evolve. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
We are currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team. If you are a Legal Administrative Assistant looking to continue to develop your career in a fun, busy and professional environment, this is the role for you. This is a position for an ambitious professional with 3+ years of post-certificate experience gained at a reputable law firm. The successful candidate for this position will be able to build positive working relationships, have a keen eye for details and will be able to handle a busy work load.
- Prepare and draft various correspondence and documents (including dicta-typing and copy-typing)
- Draft standard letters, documents briefs and pleadings
- Set trials, discoveries, etc. and prepare required documentation
- Interact with clients by phone and in person
- Set appointments for clients
- Maintain filing system including a bring-forward system
- Sort incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail
- Delegate tasks to junior level Legal Administrative Assistant on the team
- Perform other related duties as required
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant in a litigation practice
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Professional manner in communication with clients
- Strong administration and organization skills
- Able to draft standard correspondence and documents with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Litigation experience preferred
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=46