Legal Administrative Assistant
|Posted:||August 5, 2022||Company:||JFK Law LLP|
|Address:||340-1122 Mainland Street, Vancouver BC||Postal Code:|
JFK Law LLP is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria, Vancouver and Toronto. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of Indigenous people and others who seek assistance in the areas of aboriginal, public, constitutional, and environmental law.
This is a Full Time Position approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position will be an in-office position, located in our beautiful Vancouver Yaletown. The Legal Administrative Assistant reports to the Firm Manager.
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our energetic and passionate team. This role is best suited to an individual that is motivated, organized, adaptable and takes initiative. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide administrative support to three lawyers, and work with the paralegal and legal support teams to ensure the seamless operation of the Firm.
This position provides opportunity for career development working with various lawyers’ administrative needs.
- Provide calendar management using Outlook and other work planning tools.
- Organize, maintain, and manage updates to an electronic and paper, Bring Forward system.
- Schedule frequent travel arrangements.
- Prepare monthly client billings.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of lawyer expenses.
- Scanning and photocopying all required documents.
- Draft, edit, format, organize and print correspondence, memos, reports, court documents, labels and other printed material.
- Organize and maintain client documents, pleadings, corporate records and various other briefs and reports.
- Organize, maintain, and manage complex electronic and paper filing systems, including opening, and closing of files.
- Arrange and prepare for meetings including document preparation, catering, and other logistics.
- Provide litigation support, including assisting with preparing specialized court documents.
- Interpret rules of court for various provinces and levels of court.
- File and coordinate service of Court documents.
- Coordinate with court offices to schedule appointments and arrange for trials and judicial review hearings.
- Assist with reviewing and assembling documentary evidence and managing complex evidence records.
- Other tasks as assigned to support the administrative team.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Excellent technical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs and Outlook 2010.
- Knowledge of iManage and PCLaw would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work effectively and meet deadlines which may change quickly.
- Motivated, independent, self-starter that takes initiative to complete tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication
Covid Safety Requirements
Covid safety plans are in place, and we request that our employees are double vaccinated.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and resume by August 12th, to Daniel Adu-Febiri: Daniel@engagedhr.com.
Applicants with Indigenous ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank you in advance for your interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.
Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.