Legal Administrative Assistant
|Posted:||October 13, 2021||Company:||Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP|
|Address:||2700-700 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B8|
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading regional firm dedicated to providing a full range of business, litigation and dispute resolution services to clients throughout Canada and abroad. We proudly manage a large firm practice, while maintaining the close relationships and culture of a smaller firm.
We are currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant with solid work experience and educational background to join our Kelowna office. This role will be supporting two lawyers in our Wills + Estates and Litigation practice groups. Candidates must be able to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of legal documents, filing systems, and clerical administrative practices.
- Drafting and transcribing legal documents and general correspondence.
- Coordinating bookings for court, hearings, mediations, discoveries, and client meetings.
- File management including organizing and managing documents, updating binders and filing.
- Maintaining active bring forward system.
- Maintaining open and closed files as required.
- Preparing and following up on monthly and quarterly billing statements.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working as an LAA.
- Proficient in Word and Outlook. Prior experience with Elite 3E would be helpful.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with client information.
AHBL offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a matching RRSP Program after 2 years of employment with the firm.
Diversity + Inclusion:
We value diversity and inclusion at our firm. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees, and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, nationality, physical ability, race, religious belief, and sexual orientation.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.