Legal Administrative Assistant
|Posted:||December 3, 2021||Company:||DuMoulin Black|
|Address:||595 Howe Street, 10 Floor, DuMoulin Black||Postal Code:||V6C 2T5|
DuMoulin Black is a boutique law firm practicing in the areas of securities and corporate and commercial law. We love what we do, and we are passionate about providing the best client service and legal advice. We perform to the highest standards. We have an inclusive and friendly culture, and we support the career goals of all of our team members. We are early adopters of new technology. Positivity, energy, and flexibility are key qualities in our team members.
This is a full-time legal administrative assistant position in our firm, one that will offer career growth. We work as a team and we need someone to join us for the ride and help support our securities professionals with their administrative tasks.
Our legal administrative assistants are crucial to our firm’s success. A willingness to work in a high-performance team environment is essential. Equally important is a dedication to providing our clients with the best possible customer service.
Our ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and strong work ethic, be self-motivated and thrive in a setting focused on teamwork and client services. Law firm experience is preferred but not required. This position will be in an in-office role, with possibility of hybrid work after 3 months from the start date.
This role will involve a diverse range of responsibilities. Examples include:
- Document processing
- File openings (including client identification and verification and conflict checks)
- File closing and off-site file processing
- File management, including both digital and paper filing
- Manage audit inquiries and prepare letter responses from template or precedent
- Billing, collections, cheques and deposits
- Reception relief
- High attention to detail;
- A willingness to learn new skills and take direction and coaching from colleagues on systems, procedures and software;
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with tact and discretion;
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues, clients, and external agencies;
- Proficiency with the Office 365 suite of software, Adobe Acrobat and a willingness to learn new software applications;
- Strong numeracy skills;
- Good research skills on the internet and traditional sources of information;
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning and diplomacy;
- Able to maintain physical and virtual filing systems and basic databases;
- The ability to be focused and productive throughout the work day; and
- Strong orientation toward excellence in customer service.
- Preferred but not required: LAA certificate, experience with Soluno (billing software) and/or 2+ years experience working in a law firm.
Please send all applications to Lauren Klein, Operations Manager, email@example.com