Legal Administrative Assistant Floater
|Posted:||February 23, 2021||Company:||Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP|
|Address:||2700-700 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V7Y 1B8|
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading regional firm dedicated to providing a full range of business, litigation and dispute resolution services to clients throughout Canada and abroad. We proudly manage a large firm practice, while maintaining the close relationships and culture of a smaller firm.
We are currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant Floater with solid work experience and educational background to join our firm. This role requires working in our office 5 days a week. Candidates must be able to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Covering for absent Legal Administrative Assistants and providing assistance to Partners, Associates and Paralegals.
- Drafting and transcribing legal documents, pleadings and general correspondence.
- Attending to document requests.
- Arranging appointments and communicating with clients and opposing counsel.
- Coordinating bookings for mediations, discoveries, trials and client meetings.
- File management including organizing and managing documents, updating binders and filing.
- General administrative duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- Previous experience working in a law firm would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Legal Administrative Assistant.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with client information.
AHBL offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a matching RRSP Program after 2 years of employment with the firm.
Diversity + Inclusion:
We value diversity and inclusion at our firm. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees, and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, nationality, physical ability, race, religious belief, and sexual orientation.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit resumes to email@example.com.