Legal Support Assistant
|Posted:||May 7, 2021||Company:||Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation|
|Address:||2400 - 200 Granville Street||Postal Code:|
Whitelaw Twining is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver and Calgary providing a full-range of legal expertise. We are an innovative, passionate team and we’ve been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, Whitelaw Twining started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. We build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Our firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small company work environment while further establishing business practices as we continue to evolve. We believe that our staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
We are currently seeking a Legal Support Assistant to join our Vancouver team. This is ideal position for a recent graduate of the Legal Administrative Assistant program looking to ease into the legal field with the mentorship of intermediate/senior level Legal Administrative Assistants. This is an excellent entry-level position to develop your skills and confidence with the goal of continually taking on more senior-level responsibilities. The successful candidate for this position will be able to build positive working relationships, have a keen eye for details and will be able to handle a busy work load.
- Sending out paper mail (correspondence, copying for file, labels, etc.)
- Drafting basic emails to clients and attaching necessary materials for review
- Drafting basic pleadings
- Cover letters enclosing accounts
- Assisting with copying and scanning
- Assembling binders
- Sending out cheques for payment and/or processing invoices
- Typing dictation overflow
- File openings and closings
- Providing vacation coverage for Legal Assistants
- Graduate of Legal Administrative Assistant program
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Professional manner in communicating with others
- Strong organization and teamwork skills
- Able to multi-task
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=64