Paralegal – Construction and Infrastructure
|Posted:||January 21, 2020||Company:||Singleton Reynolds|
|Address:||1200 - 925 West Georgia Street||Postal Code:||V6C 3L2|
|Phone:||(604) 682-7474||Fax:||(604) 682-1283|
Description: Construction and Litigation Paralegal
Practice Group: Construction and Infrastructure Practice Group
Location: 1200 – 925 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
Contact: Stephen Hinds, Director, Human Resources
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP is recognized as a leader in construction and infrastructure, insurance, commercial litigation, real estate and business law. Founded in 1982, with its roots in construction litigation, the firm has grown to add a full complement of business law services including corporate commercial, commercial real estate, construction contracts, and estates planning.
Operating on a national platform, Singleton Reynolds is positioned as a new best-in-class law firm offering legal services and a long-standing reputation in dispute resolution.
With 60 lawyers operating in Vancouver and Toronto, the Firm provides a wide range of legal services including the following key practice areas:
- Construction and Infrastructure Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate
- Wills & Estates
- Business Immigration
- Professional Liability
- Entertainment Law
- Corporate Commercial
- Workplace Law
|THE ROLE OVERVIEW|
Singleton Reynolds is seeking an experienced (3-5 years) Construction Litigation Paralegal to join our team. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated legal professional with extensive e-discovery experience and thrives when working on major mandates that are both interesting and complex. This candidate is able to work well within a team setting and has the ability to thrive while using and applying litigation e-discovery software and technology to their practice. The firm offers a flexible and excellent work culture that is welcoming and inclusive.
The incumbent will assume the following responsibilities:
- Organizes complex, multi-party construction files.
- Coordinates, reviews, and interprets required evidence.
- Reviews witness testimony.
- Drafts lists of documents through analytical software.
- Drafts correspondence and pleadings.
- Coordinates examinations for discovery and trial dates.
- Prepares all necessary court applications.
- Executes BC-Online searches or other necessary legal research.
- Performs other duties in line with the position.
|KEY QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE|
- Completion of a Paralegal Diploma/Certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Litigation Paralegal or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Working computer knowledge including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and litigation support software, such as Summation eDiscovery, Ipro EclipseSE, Relativity and Casemap.
|SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES|
- Exceptional ability to organize complex, multi-party construction files with large volumes of documents.
- Strong ability to run complex files independently.
- Strong ability to review and list documents using required litigation software.
- Highly organized with an exceptional eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy in work product.
- Skilled in using technology and adapts to new technological advancements.
- Strong independent work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound business judgment including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledgeable in construction, insurance, directors & officers matters.
- Exceptional time-management and follow up skills.
- A proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
A competitive salary and benefits package together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer an annual education/tuition reimbursement program, fitness subsidy, and ongoing educational seminars as part of our employee experience program.
To pursue this employment opportunity, candidates are invited to submit their applications to:
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
Attention: Stephen Hinds
925 West Georgia Street, Suite 1200
Vancouver, BC V6C
Singleton Reynolds is committed to the principle of equality in employment standards and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.